Earl S. Cory
Provide consulting services for technical groups within complex computing environments. This includes System and Security Management, Operations, Software Development, Database Administration, License Management, Customer Support, System and Operation Documentation, Configuration Management, Web Design, and Web Mastering. Support of Cerner and SMS Health Care Systems.
Extensive experience with mini-computers, personal computers, clusters, hardware, and operating systems. Over 20 years experience in System Administration and Engineering.
Have managed, taught, used, and/or developed applications for various computer systems from several vendors, including Digital (Compaq), Apple, and IBM.
Managed, designed, developed, documented, and implemented systems, application, security, database, and configuration management software and projects. Developed commercial and private web sites for both Internet and Intranet access.
August 1978 - Present
Miles Amen & Associates, Professional Consultants Network, Inc., System Integrated Solutions, Inc.; Executive Directions Consulting, Inc.; Axis Consulting International, Inc.; JCC Consulting, Inc.; DMR Inc.; Amanuensis Computer Systems, Inc.; Cory Computer Systems
|Saint Mary’s Health Network||May 1997 - Present||Public Storage Inc.||Jul 1991- May 1992|
|Marin General Hospital||April 1997 - Present||Northrop Ventura||Nov 1990-Jan 1991|
|Apple Computers||Feb 1996 - Mar 1997||DSI Inc.||Oct 1990 - Jan 1991|
|Marin General Hospital||Nov 1994 – Feb 1996||Pleasant Valley School District||1983|
|Chiron Corporation||Sep 1994 - Nov 1994||Al Palmer Associates||Jun 1982 - 1986|
|Intel Corporation||Jun 1994 - Jul 1994||Marion Computing Services||Nov 1981 - Jun 1982|
|ASK/INGRES Corporation||Apr 1994 - Jun 1994||Wallace Machinery, Inc.||Aug 1978 - Jun 1980|
|Intel Corporation||Apr 1994 - Jun 1994||Science Center/Rockwell Int.||Jan 1980-Jan 1982|
|Rite Rug||Sep 1993 - Nov 1993||Stanwick Corporation||1980-1981|
|South Central Power||Jul 1993 - Sep 1993||Fluid Kinetics Corporation||1979-1986|
|The Limited Corporation||Jan 1993 - Jun 1993||Ventura Community College||1976-1979|
Consultant and Contractor for:
|Budgeting||I. S. Administration||Product Support||Networking|
|Configuration Management||Software Development||Implementation Resource||System Management|
|Documentation||System Administration||Site Preparation||System Security|
|Hardware Specifications||System Integration||Software Design||Database Administration|
|Management||Web Site Design||Web Site Development||Operations|
|System Tuning||Product Development||Capacity Planning||CASE Tools|
- Perform MIS Administration, system generation, management, tuning, capacity planning, resource allocation, and general
software maintenance and installation. Specify laboratory and business computer installations as to plant layout, physical
environment, security, and hardware configuration. Consulted on major toll road and bridges in the U.S.
- Design, develop, and manage commercial internet and intranet web sites. Train users in the principles of networks,
- Perform Database Administration for multiple INGRES installations in production, development and test environments.
Work with, write, and tune various database structures and applications. These include relational, hierarchical, and
network DBMSs on OpenVMS and UNIX platforms. Provide INGRES/Network management and analysis.
- Design, develop, document, and implemented business and system management software for OpenVMS, UNIX, RSX-11M, RSTS/E,
and RT-11. Develop specialized business, database, network monitoring, and engineering software. Document database installations,
general system configuration, trouble shooting techniques, and documentation methods.
- Instruct clients in the methods of configuration management, documentation, database administration, and software development for multi-platform systems. Provided formal training for database administration, troubleshooting, and documentation methods.
WEB SITE DESIGN AND MASTER
Responsible for over 100 Internet and Intranet Web Sites, the following are examples:
- Radiance Magazine -
- Analytical Scientific Instruments
- Z Pesca Vacations -
- Medical Surgical Nursing Conference -
- Marin General Hospital - Intranet and Internet
- Novato Community Hospital - Intranet and Internet
- Cory Family Society
- Healthy Marin Partnership
- Castro Valley Letip
Other active and under development sites and can be viewed at http://corycomputersystems.com/clients/